Session prices are discussed with the professional, but usually vary from $75 to $200.
If you have out-of-network benefits you can submit your billing statement to receive partial reimbursement, once you have met your deductible. Please check with your health insurance plan to determine how to access your coverage for out-of-network psychotherapy treatment. Record the date and name of the people you speak to at the insurance company. Asking the following questions will help you to get the information you need about your coverage:
- Do I have out-of-network benefits or do I have to see someone in the network? If there is out-of-network coverage, how many psychotherapy sessions are allowed each year?
- Do I need prior authorization for my psychotherapy sessions? How do I get the authorization? Once authorization is approved ask: how many sessions have been approved? when do they expire? What is the authorization number?
- What is my deductible for out-of-network services? How much of my deductible have I met this year? Once the deductible is met, what percentage is reimbursed?
- How do I submit bills for reimbursement? To what address do I send them? Is there a form that I have to fill out and submit with the bills?
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
I accept cash, check, or venmo, due upon appointment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!